Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mary Liz // dressing up and looking a little too old









 I am a huge Shirley Temple fan, so I had her do the classic "oh my goodness" pose from all the movies. She doesn't like this photo, but i think it is darling. :)
























Mary Liz (aka Liz) sweetly agreed to pose for portraits last week, and we had so much fun. She is pretty good at posing herself so I could focus on making my camera do what I wanted, and she was running around the property telling me to take a photo of her here and do one there. It was pretty cute actually.  :)
           I curled her hair and fixed it cute, and that was just a little mistake, because she looks too old in these photos. But it’s darling, so it’s okay. For a nine-year-old having your hair fixed isn’t most fun thing they can think of, so it is always a bit of a struggle to make her sit still long enough to fix it cute, but when we do it is so pretty. She is gorgeous. We even put on clip earrings and some lip color and blush, (Which made her feel extremely old, btw. :)
           Liz is just a little tomboyish, so climbing trees and playing legos with her brothers  are pretty high ‘fun’ things on her list. But she can dress up and have a mean tea party too. And play dolls. and sew things. and play piano. And read books. She’s kinda like me where she enjoys doing a lot of  ‘boyish’ things but then can turn around a moment later and be a total girly-girl (Although I think that I was way more of a tom-boy when I was little.)

She’s cute, yes?
xx,

8 comments:

  1. Yikes, she's getting so big. And beautiful :) You did a great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! Your sister is so pretty. The 12th picture down is my favorite~just beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. That are so sweet, Becca. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! I love these pictures :) I can't believe how grown-up she looks. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT PICTURES!!! You did great and she is such a cute poser! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't tell me I had such an adorable pen-pal! Love the freckles!!
    {Emma}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, had to comment again......sheer cuteness!! And freckles! Love the freckles:) Have you guys gotten the package yet??
    {Emma}

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)