Monday, January 7, 2013

in which i shall be random // my life as of lately


 

We toasted in the New Year with sparkling cider and dark chocolate. J



 My cousin, Gabby, turned six on Christmas day, and we had a birthday party, complete with pink party hats, in the afternoon. Andrew and Mary proudly wore theirs. (I'm a wimp. I didn't wear one. :)


The sparkling cider, which I realized, as I was taking photos, it looks like beer. lol


A friend got ahold of my camera a couple days ago and managed to get some photos of me. And I am not nearly as scared about having pictures taken of me. Or of sharing them here. J



I hosted a cookie exchange on the second, and these were four of the six girls who came. We had a lot of fun, and managed to laugh most of the time, which is normal for this group of girls.

 Mom was taking some photos of us, and told everyone to act crazy for one. Looking at it now, I can see that Catherine and I were the only ones who were crazy. Everyone else is laughing at us. J

 Mocha Crinkles. Delicious. Beautiful. Addictive. ‘Nuff said.


And another looking blankly off into space at the bathroom mirror. Awkward.


This cup is my favorite currently. It holds about twice the amount of a regular size mug, and is amazing.


 I can’t truly believe that Christmas is over…. *sigh*



Water droplets. <3 

So, I tend to do a lot of random photo posts. But that's my life... random photos here and there... 

I got another housecleaning job today, and I am quite happy about that. housecleaning is something that I actually enjoy, and hey, if I can make money at something that I enjoy its a win win situation. :) Plus the people are really sweet, and that always makes it much easier. 

And my brother is going to be home in 22 days... *do a happy dance around the room and scream with excitement* yah. :)

I am having a lot of fun cooking special food for the diet that mom and I are on. I think it's fun to have to think of something to eat every dinner. I'm sure, however, that two months from now I won't think it's very fun, but i shall enjoy it while it is. :)

I have lost my inspiration lately, but I found an amazing writing website and I am planning on doing some writing exercises to try to give myself a kick-start. I detest writers-block. It always plagues me when I want to write, and so i sit there unable to think of an intelligent thing to write. So I sit there feeling like a complete idiot staring into space wracking my brain for something that just isn't there.

So, what do you do when you are suffering from lack of inspiration? Do you read a book? Any tips? :)

xo,

5 comments:

  1. I read on a website (when browsing around for how to beat writer's block, which has plagued me TO THE EXTREME for the past several months) that you should treat writing like an appointment. Set a specific time every day to write, and show up even if you can't think of a single good thing. And I think that it's best not to get stressed out about the time. If you don't write much, that's okay; you can take it easy and daydream, etc. I started doing this one or two weeks ago with my book and am amazed at how much progress I've made. Technically right now is my writing hour, but I was making garlic carrots for a blog post and I don't exactly know how much time I'll have to blog in the coming weeks, so I used that as an excuse :) By the way, I love your rambly posts, and I love your posts in general. I love reading new posts on blogs altogether :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post, Becca! Love that you had such a fun night ringing in 2013. Hope you enjoy a great year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. randomness makes life exciting =)
    and I like the suggestion in the comment above about setting aside time just for writing, even when you can't think of anything to write. I'll definitely have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the name of the site you found? I am always looking for writing inspiration! I got a new camera for christmas, so I plan on taking alot more pictures now!!! Oh, and my dad started a blog (though I will probably be the one posting in it for him :D ) it is "naturallycountry@wordpress.com"

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup I read books, kinda helps me get away and imagine new world..

    megha
    http://meghafashionita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)