Sunday, January 27, 2013

103 in 2013 // #98. read emma





     Last week I  finally completed something off my 103 in 2013 list. I have to admit that I am not amazing at completing things off  lists like that… :)  But I have completed two things on my list (#69. Host a cookie exchange) and now I have finally completed 98. Read Emma. This book is so cute and sweet and I love it, and I love her. The end...    
      Emma is my very favorite Jane Austin heroine. I don't really know why exactly, but  just think that she is so sweet and lovely. Plus she gets Mr. Knightley. :)
      I have watched many different versions of Emma, but my very favorite is the 2009 version, (it was my favorite even before I read the book,) and as I read I was so glad that they followed the book almost exactly.  Having watched the movie, I had Romola Garai in mind, and how she looked for the movie. She is the way I will always picture Emma. And I especially love the dresses in that version. They are so sweet and beautiful, and all throughout the book I was imagining Emma in those dresses. And Mr. Knightley. Need I say more? I love him so much. He is the perfect gentleman and I have loved his character in every version I watched because it's Mr.  Knightley. :)  

Anyway, have you read Emma (or watched any of the movies?) and what are your opinions on them both? :)
xx,

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having read "Emma"! I really like the Ramola Garai version as far as staying extremely close to the book, but I also love the Gwyneth Paltrow version--mainly because of Mr. Knightley :) I like him better in that one than in the Garai version. I also think that in the Paltrow make they better portrayed Emma's matchmaking skills, etc.
    I liked Emma, but it was a lot like other Jane Austens to me and not incredibly interesting. Of course, that was a while ago, so I can't remember exactly what my opinion was then--(I think it was better than it is now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....I've got to get on that one....it's on my 100 in 2013 list-read AND watch Emma. Thanks for the reminder! P.S.-did you and Mary get the package yet?
    {Emma}

    Key Quote of The Week~
    Expect great things from God;
    Attempt great things for God~
    ~William Carey

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)