Sunday, December 9, 2012

My story in elevens // a tag... or three




I was tagged by two different good friends (with the same tag) last week, and I decided to do them together, to save a little time and repetitiveness. :) 

The rules for this tag are simple, Post eleven random facts about yourself, answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in return. Tag eleven fellow bloggers, and notify them of the award. And most of all, have FUN!!!!


So, eleven extremely random facts about myself... this can't be that hard!! :)

1. I have 10 siblings, and when i tell people that they are usually completely shocked!! :)

2. I love Christmas so much I wish that it came around once every month.

3. Big trucks are really fun.

4. I got my permit on Thursday, and i am in love with driving.

5. I am terrified, really terrified, of heights. That's part of the trouble I had climbing Mt. Adams this year.

6. I work once a week cleaning for a lady. And I think it's really fun.

7. This is harder than i thought.

8. I love wearing rings and earrings, but other jewelery than that is mostly just a bother.

9. Teal is an awesome color. :)

10. I'm only on number ten?!?

11. I just bought the cutest pair of boots. And now love boots so much.

So, these are the questions from a friend I've known for twelve years now!?! Sierra, from Musings of an Inkheart.


1) Which literary/movie character reminds you most of yourself? I don't know how to answer that question honestly. :) I've taken the Jane Austin Character test multiple times, and have always been told I am Elizabeth Bennet, and while I will agree that I do form rather hasty judgements of people, I don't think I am exactly like her. So I suppose I must go with that answer, as I can't seem to think of anybody else that I am particularly like. (I'd love to know who you think you are most like, Sierra. :)
 
2) What is your favorite music genre? Currently I am really enjoying Opera, even though that seems kind of weird for me. :) I really love singers like Sarah Brightman and Jackie Evancho
3) When creating characters, do you name them first and then come up with the character (Tolkien style) or do you create the character first and then name them? I name a character first, and then start to develop them. Somehow it seems more realistic that way, like how you name a child before he is born, a parent doesn't wait until he is twenty-one to decided what to name him based on his character. :) 
4) Do you collect pictures/models of your characters (I most certainly do)? I've never done that, although I do think it would be helpful.
5) When writing, do you start at the beginning and work to the end (same way you read) or do you just write whatever scene fits your fancy? It depends, I suppose on what I am writing. Mostly I've just written short stories, most of which I threw away, but I think that I would probably end up writing the parts that interest me at the moment, which would be way more convenient than trying to write all the way though.
6) What are your opinions on adding mythical/fantasy creatures (elves, dragons, etc) to a story? I don't really know. If it's a fairy story, such as ones by George MacDonald, there should, obviously, be fairy's and elves. And adding dragons to a medieval storyline is fine, as long as you don't overdo it, like making them talk. But just adding mythical creatures to just a normal story would probably annoy me most of the time. Unless they were really, really interesting and mysterious, and then I'd probably be so drawn into the story I might even consider changing my opinion. :) Although I don't think I would ever consider writing about them, personally.
7) Do you play any musical instruments? Yes, I don't think I could live life without my piano. And I also play flute, although that's not such a big part of my life.
8) If you were to use a weapon, which one would you choose? I've been in love with swords for the past four or five years, ever since I read my first medieval book, so I probably would choose that. But, on the other hand, I have always loved bows, (to the point of wanting to get my own someday.) so I might choose that as well.
9) Are you a part of any fandoms (ex. LOTR, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Marvel, Jane Austin, Percy Jackson, Inheritance Cycle, etc.)? Not officially. but I am a pretty big Jane Austin fan. Really big Jane Austin fan, that is. I love her, have seen a lot of her movies, and just read P+P for the first time. Awwww. Yes, I'm a fan. :)
 
10) Sunshine or Rain? I love sunshine, but I am in love with rain. There is something captivating about the way rain falls from the sky, it's beautiful and quiet, then it's loud and stormy, rain is always changing, always beautiful.
11) What is your favorite type of character (cheerful and bubbly, spirited and saucy, uppity and snobbish, or dark, angry/sad and mysterious) I find the angry, sad and mysterious characters the most intriguing. They are confusing, hard to decipher, and most of the time are found to be amazing if you can only figure them out. Spoken like an Austin fan, thinking of a certain Mr. Darcy, I suppose. :)
 
And Hannah's questions, from Simply Hannah Elise:  
 
 
1) Have you read The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit? No, my parents don't approve of either. :)
2) Who is your favorite author? My favorite author... Charles Dickens, Catherine Marshell, Alexander Dumas, Louisa May Alcott, etc... :)
3) Do you use Pinterest?  No. my mom is afraid that I'll spend too much time on the Internet if I do. :)
4) Do you have a common name, or a rare one (e.g., as in Hannah is extremely common)? I believe that Rebecca is a common name... I know at least four or five of the top of my head. :)
5) Do you like your middle name (you don't have to give it out)? Yes, I like my middle name. I'll even tell you. It's Ann... with an E. :) Anne... I love sharing names with Anne Shirley, even though I am pretty sure that my mother didn't pick that name because of her.
6) What's your favorite animal? horses? dogs?
7) What's your favorite number? 12... Just as my mom. :)
8) Do you have any weird pet peeves?  I have to be really warm while I sleep, so I pile on the blankets like crazy, but I can't sleep in lots of clothes. So I'll end up having seven or eight blankets, and only be wearing a tank-top and shorts.... random?! :)
9) Do you like the city or the country better? I am a complete country girl, and always will be, but right now I think a city experience would be really fun for a while. After living in a little hick town, I think living in a big city would be pretty awesome. But only for a while.
10) Are you a fan of the "tall, dark, and handsome" or the "pale, wan, and blond"? Tall, dark and handsome, of course... but I think I would be fine with pale, wan, and blond if he was the right guy.
11) Do you like linkups or book reviews better? I have to say link-ups. They are so interesting to look at, going from blog to blog seeing all the different post that are different, yet the same. :)   
 
And while I am at it, i thought I'd link up to Hallie, from Hallie Jo Photographywho is doing the tag in a link-up. :) 

Hallie Jo Photography


1) Are you a morning person or a night owl? I am totally a night owl. Mornings are perfectly awful. You have to get out of bed (the first awful thing) and then you're supposed to eat sometime between 7-9:00. that would just ruin my whole day right there in a hurry! Eat before 10:30?! Seriously, those people have issues.

2) What is typical December/Christmas weather like where you live? Very cold, and wet, and beautiful in every way (except the mud. :)

3) Can you speak any second languages? My parents would say that I do. I can speak teen. :) (example: It was like, totally amazing, and I was like "this is totally awesome!" :)

4) What is the biggest traditional meal at your house during the holidays (e.g., Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas morning breakfast)? we don't really have a big traditional meal. We should though. :)
5) What were the three best parts of your week? Turning sixteen, getting my permit, and driving a little car for the first time ever.


6) What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? You mean there's flavors other than chocolate and vanilla?!? lol Um... I like coffee flavored basically anything, and chocolate-chip mint is great to.

7) What fictional character do you think you’re most like? This question is so hard, but I think that I can relate with Jo March, Christy Huddleston and Anne Shirley the most.

8) Would you rather take a vacation to the tropics or to Europe? forget the tropics, let's go to Europe people!!

9) What was the last thing you tried for the first time? Driving!!

10) Do you get a real or fake Christmas tree? We don't get a Christmas tree. My parents didn't like the mess, and the whole "put the presents under the tree" thing.

11) Are you making any New Year’s resolutions? If so, what are they going to be? Yes, but I haven't begun to think about what exactly they are going to be yet.

So, my questions for the future tagees. :)

1. Do you have a favorite name (besides your own)?

2. If you had to be transported into any time period, which would you choose?

3. Lemonade or Dr. Pepper (and coffee or tea is not an option. Those are a given! :)

4. Favorite person, fiction or otherwise?

5. Best day of the week?

6. If you were given the opportunity to visit two country's for a month each, with your trip completely paid for, which would you choose, and why?

7. What are your thoughts on ice-cream? Is chocolate the only flavor worth mentioning, or do you have a favorite?

8. How many siblings do you have?

9. What inspires you to write the most?

10. You are given the chance to visit New York. What is the first thing you plan to do?

11. Favorite book by your favorite author?

And as I have spent so much time on this post, anyone who wants to do this tag may do it, but be sure to comment with the link to your post, so I can read it. (and I do know that was a cop-out. I apologize! :)

 xo, 

2 comments:

  1. Wow--you got to start driving! Yay! Thanks for doing the tag thingy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up, Rebecca! I enjoyed reading all your answers :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)