Saturday, November 10, 2012

Almond Poppyseed Muffins


I think it is high time that I started sharing some recipes around here! Especially since cooking is something that I really enjoy.
     This recipe is one we make often. Muffins are a huge favorite around my house, because they are a perfect size snack for everyone, including the little ones, plus there are so many different delicious recipes to choose from, and they are so easy.


     And so, without further ado, I present,

Almond Poppy seed Muffins
 
 
The cast of characters: Honey, butter (or olive oil. That’s what I used.), eggs, milk, vanilla, almond extract, flour (which I cleverly forgot to include in this photo. Aren’t I just wonderful?!) baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds.



Combine all wet ingredients:
1 ½ cup honey
1 cup melted butter (or equal amount of oil)
3 eggs
1 ¾ cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 ½ tsp. Almond extract 
 
Mix these ^together, and then add dry ingredients:
4½ cups flour
2 Tbs. baking powder
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ cup poppy seeds.
Pour the batter into greased muffin pans, (or use paper cups. It’s easier, people!)

Bake at: 350 degrees for 22-25 minuets
Makes about 1 ½-2 dozen muffins.
          Enjoy!
          These are simply delicious! My family’s always a little disappointed when they find we are out of poppy seeds, ‘cause they’re just not the same without them.
     You can replace the Almond extract with lemon if you prefer lemon favoring. We do that in a pinch (i.e. when we start making these muffins without checking to be sure that we have all the ingredients. :) but we defiantly prefer the almond.
 
Have a lovely saturday!
xo,
Becca

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, Rebecca! The photos are awesome (are you having fun with your new camera? :) And you took pictures of all the steps . . . wow :) I usually don't see people do that when they share recipes. (I didn't!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah. :) I auctually haven't gotten my new camera yet. It should arrive within the next week. I AM excited!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)