Monday, June 23, 2014

simple and maxi // the sea



My outfit for church yesterday was super simple, but I felt good in it, so that made it wonderful in my book. :) I got up pretty late, and had only 50 minutes to get get out the door. That meant, simple make-up, and a very simple hairstyle. :)
I would recommend getting a neutral colored maxi. They are so versatile and wonderful. I wear mine at least several times a week, and now that I discovered wearing it as a dress, I think I just might live in it. It's so comfortable. Like pajamas. And I'm a girl who loves pajamas. Just ask my mom... She finally had to make a rule that I have to get dressed by a certain time, because I would just wear pj's all day long and not even care. :)
Shirt: Kmart {12.99?}
Maxi skirt: Target {12.99} (Worn as a dress)
Black pumps (Not pictured): Payless {14.99}
Nail Polish: Pure Ice {and I'm to lazy to run upstairs and find out what it's called. It was pink. I think it was 3.99.} :)






I got to go the beach for FOUR days last week. Most of the days were fabulously beautiful, warmish and sunny, and perfect for just sitting in the sand watching the endless waves pulsing against the beach. I think I could sit watching the sea forever; It has a way of calming your spirit and making one feel extremely peaceful and ready to take on the world. I'll never get enough of the ocean. In fact, i get to go back in two months, and I'm terribly excited. :)
The nights on our trip weren't quite so fabulous, but they were memorable to say the least. The mosquitoes were dreadful, and it rained every night. The first night camping was the worst by far. They boys put up the tent for us girls, but forgot to attach the fly on top properly. We got pretty wet, but we definitely survived. :) And we personally fixed the tent that morning. :)


Oh. by the way, I have the very cutest baby brother. EVER!

how have you been? What'cha been reading lately?
xx

7 comments:

  1. I love this combination! I might have to try it myself sometime. And your simple makeup and hairstyle are very beautiful nonetheless :)

    dance a real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend.

      And you should, it's fun. :) and comfy.

      Delete
  2. You did look really nice yesterday, Becca. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you did look nice yesterday. :D
    I liked your shoes too, they were cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. Megan. The shoes are probably my favorite pair of shoes EVER. ;) They really are pretty comfortable, (most of the time) and they seem to go with most of my outfits. :)

      Delete
    2. Missed ya'll at church today, hope you're all in good health!
      How was your week?

      Delete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)