Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014


    It is 2014. It really sneaked up on me this year. I knew it was going to happen, you know, it's seven days away, and then three, and then tomorrow is a new year. It'll be 2014 in six hours, now an hour, now fifteen minuets. Only ten seconds to go. And then it happens, and it's a huge surprise. And you're left thinking, "wait, it was just June..." and it's a huge shock to think that you just finished another year of your life.
'Dis kid is adorable!!!! :) 

          This year was hard. My family has been about to "move some time in the next month or two" for like six months now, and it's not easy to live like you might be leaving soon all the time.  I tore a tendon in my right thumb in February  and and still dealing with a ton of issues from that. I'm not really supposed to be playing piano,  and music and piano is really one the biggest passions in my life. It's been really hard to stay away from my piano, and some days I sit down and play and pour my soul into music for a while despite the pain and the chance of doing more damage, because I just can't stay away. It's a huge part of me, and honestly keeps me happy and sane. :)
One of the few photos I snapped at my brother's wedding.  (actually now that I think about it, I think that Emilee, Andrew's lovely girlfriend snapped this, because I was over chatting with Andrew. :)

          But this year was good too. There were some really huge huge things that happened, like spending two months with my auntie's family this summer, and my brother done got himself hitched to a beautiful girl!!!!! (it's still pretty crazy when I think about it. Like, MY BROTHER IS MARRIED! Whaa?) There were some super cool things, like going through Drivers Ed with a couple friends, and getting my drivers licence, and getting to know this special lady so much better, reading so many amazing books, turning seventeen, and starting to write a story of my own. 
My sister-in-laws younger sister, Hannah and I. She is beautiful and amazing and super fun. :)

          And then there were some funny things that happened, like the day we were driving home from someplace on the Freeway, and I noticed a super cute redheaded eighteen or nineteen year-old boy in the RV passing us, dancing like crazy in the passenger seat; I started to giggle, and he managed to glance over at that moment, and saw me laughing at him, and he stopped instantly, and then grinned sheepishly and waved. I waved back, and that started a long performance (mostly on his side,) of waving dramatically, and then when the RV had passed us to where we couldn't see each other he started to stick his head and arms out the window, still waving. It totally made my day. But then I had to explain to Mom why i was flirting with the boy in the other car. :)

          2013 was interesting and fun, and full of new experiences and growing. But I am looking forward to what 2014 will bring. 
Happy New Years, dearies!




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I loved this post (and the pictures) :) I don't think I'm old enough to be a lady, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA.... why doesn't that ever happen to me on the freeway?!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)