Saturday, October 5, 2013

o c t o b e r




I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
Anne Shirley

'Tis October fifth, the leaves are just beginning to prepare for their brilliant display of colors and beauty, before dropping their leaves and resting until spring. I know I've said it before, and I know it's been said so many times by so many people that it is beginning to sound a bit cliche, but I love fall. I love the crisp weather, the beautiful colors, drinking tea and coffee and reading a book while it pours outside. The smell after it rains. We don't get rain very often, (only 8-10 in. per year) so I savor each moment I can smell the rain. I am quite content with fall, and not missing summer a bit! ;)

p.s. Isn't my little Bambi the cutest thing you ever saw? Personally I think his ears make him look like a dork, but besides that, he's so cute and soft and fat!! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I don't miss summer either :) Seasons in order of favoritism are (1) Fall & Winter maybe tied; (2) Summer; (3) Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. My very favorite is fall, and then winter, because it is so gorgeous and white and crisp, and then summer, and spring is last because it can't make up it's mind about being anything in particular. And mostly it's just cold and muddy. ;)

      But fall is practically perfect in every way. :)

      Delete
  2. The second picture is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)