Monday, May 19, 2014

life is a grand adventure// but sometime it disguises itself in the everyday

















i. lately life has been exceedingly normal; school, babysitting the littles, and lots of laundry. I've spent a lot of my time reading and journaling; two perfectly normal occupations, especially for for me, but ones that make my heart sing. I finally hit the 1/3 mark for my reading challenge, (50 of 150. :)  and I am quite content with the odd assortment of books I filled my head with so far. Right now I have a stack of eight or ten books, mostly biographies I've been meaning to read, awaiting me, and more coming from the library. I've decided that right now I don't have much going on in my life, I don't have a job, a significant other, or priorities pressing from every side, and this is a season of my life that I can devote to reading like a mad woman, because who knows, sometime in the future my life may change and I won't have time to work on my reading list.

ii. my hand hurts more and more as time flies past. (I tore/pulled a tendon in my thumb whilst playing piano over a year ago.) i have good days, where I  don't even notice pain, and those are the days I make myself happy by playing piano and working a little on some of the sheet music that's been staring at me for months. but i generally pay for those days for a while afterwards with even more pain than usual. I realized about a month ago that I've lost a lot of mobility in my thumb. I used to be able to reach over nine keys on the piano comfortably, with even room to spare. now I can barely reach an octave, and even that is stretching it. i'm hoping to begin treatment for it soon, but we've made no definite plans yet. 

iii. we're working on watching Cranford right now. mom is letting all kids watch it, and they are determined to watch all 458 minutes, even though every single one of them is bored out of their minds, because it's a "big kid movie." (anything they aren't normally allowed to watch, for various reasons, is so titled "big kid." :) we finally had to send the three littles outside this afternoon, because they were soo bored. :)

iiii. the weather is weird here. seriously. last week was gorgeous, with sunshine and high temperatures. and the out of the blue Sunday was stormy, and poured forth rain so hard I've never seen anything quite like it. 

v. one of my goats had twins two days ago. they're cute. (and I'm sure photos will end up on here before long. :) And they look almost identical so it's going to be a little hard to tell them apart at first. :)

so, how was your weekend? :)




1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! :)
    Wow, sounds like you might kinda like books a little bit. ;)
    Oh, I'm so sorry about your thumb! How did you pull/tear a tendon? It sounds awful! :( I can't imagine not being able to play my piano...I hope you get better really soon!
    Hmm, I like Cranford! Are you watching the version with Judy Dench? (I'm not sure if there is another version or not...) If so, whats your favorite part? I like when you see "Bessie Dearest" in her flannel pajamas. :)
    Yeah, the weather has been weird hasn't it? :P I'll be watching for pictures of your kids!! :D
    Have a nice week Becca! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)