Tuesday, December 8, 2015

He is faithful // 1 John 1:9

 
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  (1 John 1:9):
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9

This morning I was reading in 1 John, and I can't count the many, many times I've read those words. I've grown up my whole life exposed to the Bible, and reading it for myself. And it's amazing and excites me that I still get overwhelmed when I read these verses. I stop and reread them several times, absolutely savoring the promise. "He is faithful and and righteous to forgive." All we have to do is confess. I cannot understand why, or how, He can forgive and love so beautifully, so unconditionally. But I am so very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment. :)