Tuesday, September 22, 2015

these are a few of my favorite things // 04


a shot from the hike we did Saturday

+ warm fires crackling in the evenings
+ being able to see the stars
+ phone conversations that leave me very happy :)
+ buying adorable boots
+ tea (haney and sons paris tea is probably my favoritest tea ever, introduced to me by my Grandmother.)
+ watching the world change from summer to fall
+ The Story of My Life by Helen Keller (Anne Sullivan was an inspiring, amazing, self-sacrificing woman, btw!)
+ the book of Psalms
+ journaling my thoughts and prayers (it makes such a difference in my life when I can take the time to sort out my thoughts in writing!)
+ unexpected blessings  from the Lord
+ praying (it blows my mind that I can talk directly to the Star-Breathing Creator of the Universe and Savior of the Entire World, and know without a shadow of a doubt that He hears and answers me every single prayer and every single day. It's pretty awesome!!)
+ getting to spend time with the girls from my church. I have a pretty fabulous church family!!! :)
+ falling asleep listening to the sound of heavy rainfall
+ candles and christmas lights in my bedroom. (the bedrooms in this house have the worst lighting ever, but I put a strand of christmas lights up and it's so pretty and improves the lighting drastically!)
+ "When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you." Psalm56:3
+ canning apple sauce and seeing the jars add up on the shelf.
+lots of strong, strong coffee (honestly, I've been so tired lately. I don't think I could function at all without coffee.) 
+ today is officially the beginning of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment. :)