Friday, September 11, 2015

the most important work // thoughts


Inspirational Quotes Printables- FREEBIE:
I don't understand why the world at large has decided that the role of homemaker and mother is somehow inferior or unimportant compared to other careers. Elisabeth Elliot said it beautifully; "This job has been given to me to do. Therefore it is a privilege. Therefore it is an offering I may make to God. Therefore it is to be done gladly, if it is to be done for Him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God's way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness."  Mothers have the amazing opportunity, and immense responsibility, of pouring their lives into their children, teaching, training, loving and nurturing. It's such a beautiful occupation.

I have my plans for what I'd like to do career-wise. I've always talked about a certain field, and thought about the opportunities I'd have to serve people. But you know what I'd really, really want more than any other career? I just want to be a mama and a homemaker, and spend my life investing in my children and family. (and why am I posting about this right now? I don't know really, except that I've had the future and decisions on my mind a lot lately, and this keeps coming up.)

I'd love to hear you thoughts on the homemaking role. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment. :)