I started doing buns on my sisters and I last week. I decided that there was no use in dying of heat this summer, and that it was time that I got over my fear of doing hair and figure out how to get the hair off our necks. And guys, I fell in love with buns! Gah, they're so easy and so simple and so beautiful. And so I decided to start a series sharing my favorite creations :)
The Twisted Braid Bun
2. Secure in place with bobby pins when the twist is in the middle of the back of your head, adding a few bobby pins into the twisted part to keep it from unraveling.
3. Do the same to the second side, meeting in the middle. ^ Securing with bobby pins as well.
4. Take the long ends of the twist, and twist them tightly, (not together yet,) and then twist them together a few times.
5. Secure with a hair tie.
6. Separate left over ponytail into three sections for a regular braid.
7. Secure braid with another hair tie.
8. Twist braid into a simple bun, and secure with bobby pins.
And you could stop there and it looks great, simple and fast for lazy mornings.
We decided to add one of her flowers, and I just bobby pinned it in place. :)
And there we go! It's super cute,and off the neck, and easy enough for me to do. I'm a happy girl!!
And if you don't have these^ You are seriously missing out. They make buns SOOOO much easier. They hold hair really well, (I have super thick slippery hair) and they work much better than regular bobbypins. So look into getting those if you plan to do tons of buns this summer. :)
What are your favorite hairstyles?
pea ess: Thanks Mary for being my beautiful model and putting up with me playing with your hair. :)