1. London, England, and all the surrounding countryside. Seriously, with all the British Lit that I have read, and BBC movies I’ve watched, England has become a fascinating country, and I would love to take tours all over the lovely island. I would visit castles and gardens, and famous reformation landmarks, churches and cathedrals, coffee shops- lots of coffee shops, and tons of tiny cozy restaurants. I would go hiking and backpacking, and probably accidentally drive on the wrong side of the road. I would listen to the people around me talk and become more than slightly desirous of their accents, and probably accidently mimic them. I would peep at the Queen’s castle, and take pictures of Big Ben, and really I'd take tons and tons of pictures.
2. Italy Can I be 100% honest about this one? I think I would go to Italy for no other reason than to eat… Although, I had a lengthy conversation about traveling with my oldest brother a few years ago, and he insisted that I cannot travel to another country (Much less Italy!!) just to eat, and if I visit Italy I must do sightseeing and visit all the lovely touristy things as well. So I would duly visit the famous places, and I would love to travel the countryside as well, and maybe a vineyard or two. But I would be doing a lot of eating whilst “sightseeing.” :) Also, Gelato… I would eat lots of gelato ice cream.
3. India I have wanted to visit India for several years now. Ever since I first read a book or perhaps it was a documentary, about girls in the sex trade. I would love to go on a short-term mission to somehow either work with some of those girls, or orphans. I also have always wanted to touch and ride an Elephant, so India seems like they might have elephants, (maybe they don’t and I totally just embarrassed myself! :) But that would be pretty cool too. (ACTUALLY IT WOULD MORE THAN COOL IT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME!! :)
4. Israel It would be fascinating and special to visit the Holy Land, and to see the places that Jesus lived, and walked, and taught. I've read about, and seen pictures of the great diversity of people and civilizations that are packed into the cities, and I would love the opportunity to people watch and observe. People watching is one of my favorite hobbies. ;) I would want to swim in the dead sea, and ride a camel and try Israeli food. I would want to visit the wailing wall, (I just typed whaling wall…) and visit many, many other historical and biblical sights.
5. Paris, France Ever since watching Funny Face, with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire, I have wanted to visit Paris. I would climb the Eiffel tower, (not ride the elevator, I think. It would be much more impressive to climb.), and walk along the banks of the Seine. I would listen to the people speaking French all around me and wish that I had learned to speak it. I would eat snails, once, because why not, I'd be in Paris... I have to eat them, and then I would eat a lot of other delightful dishes.
6. Ireland oh, the Irish landscape. I want to walk along the cliff lines on the ocean and revel in the glorious views. I would hop from bed and breakfast to bed and breakfast and hike until I dropped. (not quite literally.) I would take pictures of sheep and look at the sea again. I think the sea is one thing I will never get tired of looking at.
7. Germany I don’t know off the top of my head what places I would visit, or what I would do, but I know there is so much history wrapped up in the cities and it would be amazing! It would be heavenly to listen to the Vienna Philharmonic.
8. Scotland - I feel like this one should be higher on the list. I would want to go everywhere and see everything and listen to accents and witness the highland games and just everything. :)
9. Hawaii Technically not abroad, but it is over-a-sea. ;) I think diving in a warm ocean would be amazing and more than weird. But to see the colors and fishes and everything under the water would be stunning.
10. New Zealand um, I would totally travel here because of the accents, the accents and the accents. Also because of their gorgeous accents. Just sayin'. There's also the stunning landscapes and hikes. But mostly accents. ;)
That's it! I just want to travel everywhere and see everything!! :) What are some spots you've always dreamed of seeing?