Saturday, May 5, 2012

of flowering trees and adorable squirrels

Hi there!!
So, I am still anxiously waiting for warm weather to show up. Everyone else is basking in the sun, and wearing short –sleeved shirts and flip-flops. So am I, for that matter, but I am not very warm while doing so. (But don’t tell my mom. She already thinks I’m crazy for wearing summer clothing all year round!! J)
Anyways, last weekend I went down to visit a friend, along with my sister, mom, and three friends from here in town.  Julie was turning 18, and her sister was throwing a surprise party. Boy, did we surprise her!!! Her first words were, “What are you doing here?!?” Honestly, what a welcome!! Jk.  We had tons of fun, ate way too much sugar, and stayed up to late, but hey, what fun is a girl’s weekend without those?
We went to a park, where they have tons of flowering trees, a beautiful gazebo, pond, (complete with ducks and geese!!) and more beautiful flowering trees. (I seriously think we should have a “Plant a flowering tree” day, or something to get these people in my town to plant flowering trees.) For the record, the squirrels were way too cute!! I’m a farm girl, and cheer my brothers on when they are after squirrels, but these ones were adorable! 















And those pictures up there. ^, We went to a really awesome candy store, and then a a.m.a.z.i.n.i.n.g. frozen yogurt shop. Actually, I think every frozen yogurt shop is amazing, they’re just so much fun!
Random Question:
If you could meet a fictional character from a book you’re read, who would it be?
 I would want to meet Sherlock Holmes, Rebecca (Ivanhoe), or Robin Hood of Locksley. (also known as, Diccon. J Gotta read Ivanhoe!! J)
xo,
Becca

3 comments:

  1. That little squirrel is so cute! And I love candy stores.. they are always so much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite obviously, Anne Shirley or anyone from Avonlea. ;)

    Course, that is one of MANY characters I'd love to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are WAYYYYYYY too many fictional characters that I would want to meet!!! In fact, I am planning a post on my blog that is going to introduce some of them. My first choices would have to be Elrond, Aragorn and Thorin from Lord of the Rings, Mo Fulchart from Inkheart, and Halt and Gillen from Rangers Apprentice.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)