Tuesday, September 11, 2012

why i blog // among other things


Lots of bloggers out there in the blog world have posted “tips for new bloggers” posts in the last few months. And every single one of them has brought up the question, “Why do you blog…” simple enough question, but got me thinking a bit. Why do I blog?
Tumblr_lv8gd5kfat1qdkjypo1_500_large
 
     My number one reason for blogging would be this; I love photography, and I love to write, so blogging is the perfect link to bring the two together. Granted, I’m not amazing at either, but somehow that really doesn’t matter. My friends don’t care whether my photos are kinda boring or I really messed up the grammar of a sentence.  We’re all doing this to have fun anyway…

 
Tumblr_lvdt61f2x91r4rnj5o1_500_large
 

Reason number two: It gives me the opportunity to keep up with friends I don’t see very often, and be able to see what’s going on with them. I have lots of people in my life that we only see a couple times a year, and blogging is a lovely way to stay “connected.” {On a random side note; isn’t lovely a wonderful word? :) And am I the only one who always pronounces it in my mind “lov-ee-ly” like My Fair Lady?  I have to make myself say it properly now, after seeing the movie.}
 
Tumblr_ma3yi6bstk1qir77ao1_500_large
 
Reason number three; I love the blogging community because there are some really amazing people out there in the blogging world. I would love to go on a blogging “tour” around the country to meet all my favorite bloggers. Wouldn’t that be the coolest trip, seriously! You could meet all kinds of totally different people…   Anyway, it is so encouraging to read posts by people who are willing to admit that they struggle too, and they do have bad hair days… :) (I’m not the only one! ) And the posts that people do just to make us laugh… or to make us gasp at how cute or amazing something is… 
561533_10151066522378915_1727904664_n_large



 

          That’s why I blog.  
 
Okay, so to switch the "theme" just a little for a moment, (or ten) I’ve been wanting to post the video below for a few days, and decided to do it in this post… because being random and sticking random things where they don’t belong is how I roll. ;)
 

   I’ve really been into prank videos for the last few months. And I’m seriously considering trying to get on with Just for Laughs as an actress. {Can’t you see me out there pulling pranks? Yah, me neither.}  I love that they mostly have the public do things to them, instead of doing mean things to the public. That sentence doesn't make sense, but go watch a bunch of videos on youtube and you'll get it. (Almost all of their videos are great, but there are a few that aren't so cool. So use discretion, please.)
 
And to switch the theme of this post yet once again...

     I'm sure that you noticed the name changed again. I'll apologize, and now let me explain. I've been trying to come up with a name that really was me. And pianos, photos, books was me, but wasn't origional enough. Life's garden was not me at all. It was just a thought taken out of a book I really liked at the time. A Country Girl Pianist was really me but it was just to long and confusing. life's melody, is perfect. I'm a pianist, and this blog is documenting my life, what makes my world go 'round. My life is a continuous song, life is a song... So life's melody it is, and I promise not to change the name so often ever again. :) It's just complicated, trying to create a name that fits perfectly.
 And as a tribute to Summer:
Dear Summer,
     Thanks for showing up this year. For a while there this spring, I wasn't sure you were going to bother visiting at all. But you did, and I'm grateful. You were a lot of fun this year, and I really enjoyed having you around. We had a lot of fun going to several different camps, and our weekends at Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams. But, as everyone knows, a guest who stays to long isn't welcome anymore, so I am going to tactfully "hint" that it's just about time for you to go back where you came from. Fall is in the middle of packing for her visit to us, and I'm really excited to see her. I enjoyed all the frappachinos, but I'm ready for lattes now, so, Summer, I bid you farewell, and I'll see you next year. Plan on coming a little earlier too, Summer, and we'll cram a little more into your visit.
love,
the girl with the funny tan line.
 
That's all folks.
Bugs Bunny
(Like I told you, random. I don't have any idea how I get from bidding Summer farewell to bugs bunny. It's a mystery.)
 
 
 

Go eat some chocolate,
xo,
Becca Anne



P.s. Today is 9/11, and I want to take a moment to honor the people who gave their lives to save others on that day. It was a sacrifice I know I will never forget. I also want to thank those people who lost a loved one. Their sacrifice for their country was so huge; they gave up someone they loved for the country they live in. God bless the U.S. of A!!


   

 

1 comment:

  1. Great pots and lovely pictures!

    ~Eden
    www.edensevaluations.blogspot.com <-- Join the fun and party!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)