Friday, January 7, 2011

Choose...

Hello All,

I am terribly sorry for taking so long between each post. I have never been very good at the jounalying, and this is kind of like that. I never seem to remember to post! :(

Well, I guess there is several things to tell ya'll...

We went skiing on Tuesday, and my Mom fell and tore some ligamints and is unable to walk at the moment. She went in on Wendsday, and had some X-rays  done, and there are no broken bones, luckly. She has a brace on, it lockes her knee in place so she cannot move it. We would appricate you prayers for a speedy recovery, and that when she goes in for a MRI on Wendsday, the Ligiments will not be torn all the way off the bone. If that is the case she will have to go into surgary, and phisical therapy. She is completly unable to walk, which leaves us all to do the things that she normally does. That means that the house is a bit messy, and I am cooking lunch and dinner. My older brother is auctually doing dinner today, leaving me free to be doing this, and working on cleaning my Dads store.

On a lighter note... :)

I got my hari cut to shoulder length last week!!!!! I am very exctied about this, as it is much easier to handle and wash etc.
     My mom also let me get my ears pirced last week. That was pretty big, as she was going to make me wait another year. My dad auctually was the one who got her to say "yes".
This is an article that I wrote for a Magazine that I recieve. I thought that I would post it here for ya'll.

*      *      *      *      *      *      * 


She sat on her bed with her eyes closed. Her head was bowed, and all her thoughts were centered on one thing. "Which one should I choose..."
*       *       *       *       *      *
Every day is made up of hundreds of little choices. What should I wear, what should I eat, what should I do with my time. Quite unconsciously, we make these choices without really thinking about them.
          It is the major choices that stump us. We really take our time going over every possibility, every angle, until we finally reach a decision. We don't just make a quick choice without thinking, we spend hours trying to decide which choice to choose.
          Maybe you watched your parent's right before they decided to move to another state. Did they spend hours talking about it, praying about it, and even just thinking about it? Did they come to you and ask how you felt about it? Did they really try hard to make the right decision? Or did they just approach you one day and start a conversation with you, "... and please clean your room sometime soon. It is getting hard to walk in here. Oh, by the way, we are going to be moving next week..." If they did come to you and announce it to you like this, like they didn't spend any time thinking about it, you would probably throw a fit. "Whoa, Whoa, dad, not so fast. Do you mean to tell me that you and mom have been considering moving for the last few months and I didn't even know it? You didn't tell me that you have been considering this." Your dad replied, "No, we haven't been thinking about it, this is kind of a last minute decision. We have spent no time what-so-ever thinking about it."
           Ok, so the above illustration is really inane, no one would make such a hasty decision about something so huge; something that would affect you for a long time to come, possibly even the rest of your life. Wouldn't you think that this was too big of a decision to make in just a few minutes?
            But think about it, how are we making the most important decision we can ever make in our life? Are we just saying "I don't need God, I mean, come on people, I've got a life to live, and I'm not letting God ruin it. I'll become a Christian when I'm old."
 *       *       *       *       *      *
She had sat there for the last hour, hardly moving. She still had not come to a decision. She knew that she had to reach one, but never in Her life had she been faced with such a hard choice. She weighted one choice, then the other, wondering if she would ever reach a decision. She opened a small book that sat on her bed beside her, and started to read. Perhaps, as the book helped her parents when they were making a decision, it would help her. If she chooses the one choice, she could live like she had been living for the last few months, partying, drinking, swearing, and everything else. If she were to choose the other, she would have to give up all that, but what was it to her. All that was just a mask to cover all the hurt she had in her life. Maybe this choice would help her find freedom from all the hurt.
*       *       *       *       *      *
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:21
That the creation itself (us) also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Joshua 30:15
Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

God is willing to accept us as his children no matter what we have done, said, and thought. He sent his son as the last sacrifice to atone for sin, but unlike all the sacrifices that the Jewish nation offered, this sacrifice completely removed sin instead of just covering it. When a priest offered up a ram or doves it did not remove the sin, but simply cover it. The animal's death taking the death penalty on itself. When God sent his son, Jesus' death took the death penalty off of every person who would accept it, and placed it on his own shoulders. And that is all that it takes. We just have to accept the gift that he holds out to us. But many times we are afraid that it is just too easy. We say "Just accept a gift, come on, no one just gives you a gift unless they want something from you". But all you have to do is accept it, reach out and take it from the hand of God, as he holds it extended towards you.
*       *       *        *        *       *
She looked up from the small Bible she had been reading. The way was clear now. She saw what she had to do, but was she ready? She sat still a moment longer, and then decided to hesitate no longer. "Dear God, I come to you a very sinful girl, but I want to change. God, I lay all of my sins at your feet, and I ask you to make me new and clean. Please change me, God. Thank you for loving me enough to die in my place. What a sacrifice that was for such a sinful girl as me. Thank you, God. Amen." She looked up with tears running down her face. The heaviness that had weighed her down just seconds ago was gone. All her guilt was one, and she felt light, as though she could fly.
*       *       *        *        *       *
The story that is intertwined with this article is fictional, but it is the story of hundreds and hundreds of people, who have found Christ. It is the story of the people who forsake their sinful ways to follow a wonderful, merciful, AWSOME God who is worthy to be praised!
          My challenge to you is: look into your heart, really search, have you made the most important choice of your life, and did you choose the right choice?
May the Lord bless you as you seek to know him.
     Christ's and his alone,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment. :)