Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Freinds, Family and lots of VOLLEYBALL

Hey girls!

I am so, so, SO sorry that I have not been posting much lately, and I promise I will try to post something once a WEEK at least!!!!!

To catch up on my life these past few weeks, um, it might take just a little while so you might want to sit back and get comfortable. Hang on a second while I run and get some tea, coffee, or something.

Lately, I have been working hard on piano, flute, and school. And I found something out.
Flute is totally awesome!!!!
I am getting along quite well with it and it’s actually quite easy. J

I am still working on that English/writing class online. That is going really well and I am pretty excited about writing more.

However, to move onto more interesting subjects:

October 15-17: My mother drove me and 3 other girls (and their moms) to a purity conference. That was a blast, and we even got to play some volleyball. *For those of you that do not know it, once you read this long enough you will figure this out that I love volleyball!* I’m no good at it, but I still love it! J
     The speaker was wonderful, and I really learned a lot. Now I want to start a teen girls purity bible study with several girls, but I am not sure that that will happen in the near future.


On a more serious note. (jk)

Oct. 28-30: My family went down to visit a homeschool family my parents (and no one else) had met briefly once before. (I think that I may have met one of their daughters for a second…)
     I was not really sure about it but it was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!! ~Thank you, Hard Family for having us. We had fun, and we WILL be back!!!!! J That is IF you want us back!~

Day one:
We arrived and carried all our stuff into the camper and rooms where we were going to stay. About 15 minuets after we got settled, we went with them to a homeschool game night, which was fun, but not nearly as fun as it was going to get!. Then we went back to the house and stayed up until midnight, doing something, but I am really not sure what! Talking perhaps. No, I just remembered. We stood around in a circle with a purple bouncy ball and we played indoor volleyball.

Day Two:
We got up around 8:00 and had a wonderful breakfast, and then we sat around and talked for a couple hours. Then we set up the net and played a bit of volleyball, but it was drizzling, so after a while we decided to go in and play some games. If I remember correctly, (it’s all kind of a daze, you’ll know why in a bit!)  we played signs, and whack… (more about them later.) Those are both fun and great for lots of little kids. We finally got the moms playing whack, and it was wild. (maybe we played those in the afternoon!) The Smith family came over for a little tiny bit of volleyball and dinner. ~It was great meeting you Smith family!~ After all the younger kids were in bed, Mrs. Hard sent all the boys -Caleb, Thomas, James, Andrew, and Juziah- to the store for ice cream and balloons. While waiting for them to arrive back home safe and sound ~I had my doubts, by the way, putting all them together, AND I have heard that Caleb can be a little fast when driving~ All of the girls and mom’s were talking in the living room discussing stuff like marriage proposals, and other things like that. ~BTW brothers, we decided that all the mom’s need to sit you down before proposing to some one and they need to educate you on how it should be done!~ Then we started discussing GUYS!!! At one point Mrs. Smith was telling us this wonderful saying, (speaking of guys, don’t you think we should call them to find out WHERE ON EARTH they are anyway. Some one ran for the phone.) Mrs. Smith once again started the saying, "1 boy = 1 brain, 2 boys = 1\2 brain, 3 boys”. Right in the middle of her sentence all of the guys am running through the living room from HEAVEN KNOW WHERE blowing on party whistles, and shooting off confetti poppers. All of us girls were half screaming, half laughing, and near hysterics! I seriously thought that someone came running in shooting a handgun! We girls were now laughing, rolling on the floor, and the boys were as well, but they only got half of it! J So we were trying to explain what we had been talking about, and the poor lady finally got to finish her sentence “3 boys = no brain at all!!!!!   For some reason, I don’t think that the boys thought it was very funny! J  Andrew told me that the boys were SO embarrassed, and that they stood for like 20 minuets in front of the aisle trying to convince themselves to buy them! And it all just goes to prove that with five boys someone has just a little brain!
     Around 11:00 the Smiths had to leave, which was a bummer, because that’s when we started to party!!! We played this game where you all have a balloon tied around your ankle with a string, and there are 2 different teams, each with their own color, and you run around and try to pop the other teams balloon. The team with the “surviving” balloon wins. Its very fun actually.
We talked from like 11:30 to 1:30; just stupid stuff if I remember right.

Day 3

1:30 Sunday morning Caleb, the only smart one in the group, went to bed. The rest of us, well, we got out apples to apples.

The next 3 hours were spent playing Apples to apples!!!!! Yes, we did spend 3 hours playing that game. It was so crazy. I think that if we had counted all the green cards won there would have been about 50 or 60, and there were 6 of us playing. I don’t know about anyone else but those 3 hours were just a blur. After that we tried to play TWISTER, but we noticed the mat you play on had shrink from when we were 6!!!! Either that or we had grown like a ton!! After we tried twice we totally gave up and Andrew convinced me to try the Wii golf. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!? I don’t like sports, and I do not like video games, and here we were putting the two together?!?!? After a little while at that they had me try wakeboarding which was ok, but, oh, did I mention that it was now 5:00?!?! Yah, well, um, we were NUTS!! (at least I was!) From 5:00 to 8:00 we just talked and talked, which was so fun, and I feel like we really got to know the Hard’s.

Later that morning we had apple pie for breakfast, (did I mention that we had prepared it all, like made the crust and put it all together, the night before. It was fun, 'cause we got all of the boys chopping, and James was our official CHEERLEADER!!!!!) and we sat around and talked some MORE! We did go out and play some volleyball until Lunch, and after lunch I don’t have a clue what we did! At like 2:30 I do remember T’awna suggested we all try to sleep for like 15 minuets. Everyone jumped at the chance, but only a few actually ended up sleeping. It was so embarrassing!!! Right at the end of “nap time” Caleb (the oldest Hard boy) walked into the house. (he’d been gone for a half hour or so) He saw us all sitting and laying around the living room, and had the oddest expression on his face. I just started laughing, and that ended the naps! We sat around until 3:30 when some people showed up an hour early for Fellowship (bible study). We decided to play volleyball, and we did for a long time, then had the study. I was drinking coffee the whole time, because I could NOT stay awake. After that we had dinner, and all of us teenager ate outside around the bonfire with Mrs. Hard. That was very fun!!!!! Around 7:30 we had to leave, and that was a bummer, but we had SOOOO much fun this weekend!!! I drank SO much coffee, I was working on this last night (Sunday) and I was just wired. I figured it out, and we were up 40 hours! It was really cool

All right, enough of that trip!
THANK YOU, HARD FAMILY, FOR HAVING US!! WE LOVED IT, AND HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT IT ALL DAY!! YOU HAVE TO COME TO OUR PLACE NEXT TIME!!!

Ok, so WHACK!!! It is a really fun game to play with a family you don’t really remember their names, and you all sit around in a circle. One person is chosen for the center, and they are given a towel, and some one yells out a name, and whoever’s name was called yells some else’s name and it goes on and on while the person in the center try’s to WHACK someone. When he does that person is now center.

I hope you all have a very blessed day,

For Christ Alone,
Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. I was kinda wondering. :) But I figured you were simply busy! :)

    I hope you read my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment. :)